Mensur Suljovic withdraws from Ladbrokes Players Championship Finals this coming weekend due to personal reason.
After the withdrawal of Suljovic from the event, Darren Webster will compete in the Ladbrokes Players Championship Finals this weekend.
In the Players Championship Finals, which is being held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry from November 27-29, Austrian ace Suljovic was set to be the 19th seed, but has withdrawn following a family bereavement.
Suljovic is immediately replaced in the draw by the next-ranked player from the Players Championship Order of Merit under PDC rules, meaning that Webster will face Jeffery de Zwaan on Friday in the opening round.
The Austrian ace had just begun to return to his brilliant best in recent months and would have been a danger in the field. Suljovic has just fallen out of the world top 16 after a difficult period in his career but looked to have turned the corner.
Suljovic also elected not to try and qualify for the Grand Slam of Darts after the World Cup. Because of that and his withdraw this weekend it will be a long break from the oche for the Austrian ahead of the World Championships in December.
Everyone will remember that Sulovic was beaten by Fallon Sherrock at last years World Championships when the Queen of the Palace shot to global stardom as she became the first women to beat a man at the World Championships.
Player Championships Draw
(1) Peter Wright v (64) Ryan Meikle
(32) Adrian Lewis v (33) Simon Whitlock
(16) Ryan Searle v (49) Dimitri Van den Bergh
(17) Daryl Gurney v (48) Callan Rydz
(8) Michael Smith v (57) Boris Krcmar
(25) Gary Anderson v (40) Keegan Brown
(9) Jose De Sousa v (56) Mike De Decker
(24) Vincent van der Voort v (41) Derk Telnekes
(4) Nathan Aspinall v (61) Scott Waites
(29) Ross Smith v (36) Kim Huybrechts
(13) Damon Heta v (52) Maik Kuivenhoven
(20) Stephen Bunting v (45) Ryan Murray
(5) Krzysztof Ratajski v (60) Karel Sedlacek
(28) Madars Razma v (37) Chris Dobey
(12) Danny Noppert v (53) Steve Beaton
(21) Dave Chisnall v (44) Mervyn King
(2) Gerwyn Price v (63) John Henderson
(31) Ricky Evans v (34) Jamie Hughes
(15) Jermaine Wattimena v (50) Steve Lennon
(18) Devon Petersen v (47) Luke Humphries
(7) Ian White v (58) William Borland
(26) Gabriel Clemens v (39) Martijn Kleermaker
(10) Joe Cullen v (55) Adam Hunt
(23) Rob Cross v (42) Jason Lowe
(3) Michael van Gerwen v (62) Darius Labanauskas
(30) Jonny Clayton v (35) Mickey Mansell
(14) Glen Durrant v (51) Wayne Jones
Darren Webster v (46) Jeffrey de Zwaan
(6) James Wade v (59) Niels Zonneveld
(27) Dirk van Duijvenbode v (38) William O’Connor
(11) Brendan Dolan v (54) Luke Woodhouse
(22) Ryan Joyce v (43) Andy Boulton